lundi 20 août 2012

"We did enough to win, although I expected more from my team"


As is to be expected, José Mourinho was subdued after Real Madrid was held to a draw by Valencia. "I expected more from my team. Last year their goalkeeper Guaita was man-of-the-match and this year it was another goalkeeper, Alves. We didn't play a great game, but we did enough to win. We have to play better".
The result means Real Madrid kicked off its league season by dropping two points at home. "We're always looking to win. Draws are no good to us. We couldn't lose this match, because the opposition didn't create any chances. Last year we drew at home twice and one of them was against Valencia", said Mourinho.
After Pepe was forced to sit out the second half following a hefty collision with Casillas, Mourinho stated "I'm worried about Pepe, not the Super Cup. I hope the player is okay".
The Portuguese tactician reiterated that the Valencia goalkeeper had been the difference between the two teams. "Diego Alves was the best player on the pitch. He made some excellent stops. If we'd played a little better, we would have created more chances".
The heat was noticeable at the Bernabéu: "It's hot in Spain, that's why we went to the US, where the temperature is similar, for the pre-season campaign. I'm not searching for excuses. The league was scheduled to start in August and that's that".
Mourinho also refused to give any hints as to possible signings. "I don't talk about other teams' players. There could be an arrival and a departure, but I won't name any names".

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire