jeudi 23 août 2012

Vilanova: "There's nothing at stake for me"


The Barcelona coach, Tito Vilanova, played down the importance of the consequences for him if defeated by Real Madrid in the Spanish Super Cup. "What's at stake for me? Nothing. It's not like that if we don't win, the world will fall down around me and I won´t be able to go on or do my job well. I don't believe that much is at stake in every game, because I want to enjoy this job peacefully. I'm sorry, but there are more important things in my life".
Guardiola's replacement faces his first 'Clásico' safe in the knowledge that the first title of the season will not determine the performance of the two teams over the rest of the year. "To say that whoever wins this trophy half-way through August is going to be the best all season seems hasty to me", said Vilanova, who believes that "neither of the teams are going into the game better than the other, nor at their best" at this stage of the season.
Regarding Mourinho's statements denying that Barça has dominated in recent years, he said: "Everyone has their own opinion, and you have to respect that, but what I know is that this team has done spectacular things; unbeatable things. It won nine titles out of the nine on offer in two years, and 14 out of 19 in total over the past four. Furthermore, there are four or five teams in history which are remembered not just for their titles but for how they played, and this is one of them", he stated categorically.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire