samedi 13 octobre 2012

Benzema: "Ronaldo has always been my inspiration"



Karim Benzema is in a great moment of form for Real Madrid. After a start to the season in which Higuaín beat him to a place in Real's starting XI, the Frenchman has regained his place in Madrid's attack, scoring important goals against Manchester City, Rayo Vallecano and Ajax. In an interview in UEFA.com, the striker expressed his desire to continue working hard and improving.
"My ambitions have always been the same, to improve every day. I'm lucky to play at a great club. I need to have a good season, like the one I had least year, as well as playing well for my national team. What am I missing in order to be a great player? I don't know. I'm working hard to become a great footballer and I'll never stop working towards that", Benzema said.
The Frenchman's attacking skills have always been compared to those of Brazilian Ronaldo. The Frenchman acknowledged his admiration for the former Madrid player: "During my first season at Madrid I had the chance to meet him. I've been following him since I was a kid and he's always been my inspiration. In my opinion he's the best".
Benzema has also been compared to his fellow countryman Zinedine Zidane. "It's an overstatement to compare me to him, but he's a role model for what I'm doing and for what I want to achieve. I ask him for advice and he gives it to me. I hope to have a different career to his, but I hope to have the same success".

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire